Linksys invents a series of network routers. Several brands are transported with Linux-based firmware & can control third-party firmware. The initial model for supporting third-party firmware is the extremely well-liked Linksys WRT54G series. The series WRT160N/WRT310N is the descendant to the WRT54G series of routers in Linksys.
Linksys app- supported routers provide network management devices which aid you steadily handle access to the wireless network & linked devices from everywhere.
Linksys router username & password
- The default Password of router is “admin”, as for the Username, you may keep the field empty. For safety purposes, it is suggested to alter the default password.
Important tip: Altering the password of the router through the web-based setup webpage might avoid you from utilizing the Linksys Connect software.
- Maximum Linksys routers arrive with a default settings of 50 user tools, still you can improve this to a highest of 253 user devices in the router’s administrative setting webpage.
- Open Linksys Connect on the PC which was used for setting up the Wi-Fi Router. The Router username as well as Password are seen under the Personalize segment.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer. Write “admin” in the Password section then keep the Username empty & press enter.
How to access Linksys router settings?
- In a new browser window click on the router’s IP address. https://192.168.1.1 is the default router IP address for Linksys.
- Write the Network password. The “write network password” window will emerge.
- Write in Open DNS address in Static DNS 1 & Static DNS 2 field.
- Press on Save Settings key.
The simplest & quickest workaround for most problems concerning to routers is to power cycle the machine. For doing this, switch OFF the router, unplugging the power cord & wait for ten secs prior you plugin it back again.
Changing the Router’s Login details
- Write the router’s IP address into your favourite web browser.
- Login with the default password & username (both admin, frequently).
- Go to settings.
- Choose modify Router Password or an alike alternative.
- Write the latest password.
- Save the latest settings.
Reset the Linksys router to factory settings
For doing this, click & hold the Reset key for ten seconds. NOTE: To reset your router to its default factory settings will even reset the router’s password. The default password of router is “admin” just keep the field blank as for the username.