2Wire routers are amongst the topmost performer in the market. Brand 2wire is now owned by Arris International Plc. 2Wire router could be set to work with different Internet service providers; all you have to do is to set the appropriate settings on the router itself. The 2Wire router configuration settings just like other related network devices, can be retrieved by use of a web browser on your PC, and the procedure is really easy to do.
2Wire routers provide you great speed in a network and may be used to adjust the communication between devices by use of a basic router setup which anybody can do. The 2Wire company has offered telecommunications firms with software, hardware, as well as service platforms, so you may be rest ensured they have the suitable experience to create a quality router. For configuring the 2Wire router correctly follow the below steps
Setting up of 2Wire Router:
- 1st STEP: Open the web browser & write in the IP 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and click enter. This will direct you to the Login Gateway.
- 2nd STEP: Now choose “Wireless”
- 3rd STEP: Here, write “Admin” *Remember the default password access & modify the router settings as “Admin”.
- 4th STEP: Press “submit”.
- 5th STEP: In this step just click on “Enable wireless interface” (ensure it is marked here).
- 6th STEP: Here you may alter the SSID (Network name) to whatever you wish to.
- 7th STEP: If you want to keep your wireless connection unseen untick “SSID Broadcast”
- 8th STEP: Make sure “Wireless Security” is verified.
- 9th STEP: Choose “Authentication Type”. WPA-PSK as well as WPA2-PSK is the default setting.
- 10th STEP: Verify the “Use Client Wireless Security button”
- 11th STEP: Input the key stated 10.
- 12th STEP: Save
You require knowing the default name as well as password to login to the 2Wire router’s setup webpage. If you have the Internet password understand that this is not usually the same. Most individuals don’t require to identify this password & name as it is just used for accessing the configuration webpages of the router.
If you login into the 2Wire router you might even need to find out the default IP address of the router. You write this address in the web address bar. With this address the PC finds the router on the wireless network. You may access the 2Wire router’s setting also without a running Internet connection.